Friday, January 16, 2009

Too Many Chairs

When Deborah announced our theme, I had just bought four new dining room chairs. We also had the eight that have graced our desks and dining room table for many years. In all, it was TOO MANY CHAIRS in my house! After sketching a little, I asked Gerrie if she could make a thermofax screen for me to realize my idea. Here's what I made:




I'm showing it now because I enjoyed making it, but don't like the final outcome. It's busy like I wanted, but I should have made the strips a bit wonkier and cut off more chair parts to achieve the crowded look I had in my head. While I was waiting for the screens though, I came up with two more ideas which I actually think I like better than re-doing this. But you'll have to wait until reveal day to see them. In the mean time, I'm kinda liking my post-screening work surface:

2 comments:

Gerrie said...

Oh, yes, the table covering is sometimes the most delectable piece of art. I like this piece so it will be interesting to see what you like better.

Anonymous said...

I don't have a thermofax but have in mind to do some chairs with freezer paper stencils, paints and paintstiks which I visualised as turning out similar to your table covering. We'll see!

I like the circle print in the background. It reminds me of a comfy old-fashioned sofa...